Ultimate Homemade Chocolate Cake is the best chocolate cake you will ever eat! I can’t get over how moist, fluffy, and fudgy it is. It tastes even better the day the next day. The chocolate frosting is creamy and silky smooth and is the perfect match for this chocolate cake.
Mint Chocolate Cake Roll is what dreams are made of! At least my dreams are anyways. I am a sucker for a rich, moist, chocolate cake. I hate to admit it, but I think about chocolate cake daily and this Mint Chocolate Cake Roll is just as amazing as it sounds
This moist chocolate cake is first filled with a smooth mint chocolate ganache and then a fluffy mint chocolate mousse. The cake is rolled up and then covered in more mint chocolate ganache. It case you were wondering, it is the most amazing cake ever!
If you know me, you know that mint and chocolate are my favorites, especially around the holidays. You can make this cake a day ahead. In my opinion, it tastes even better the next day.
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Mint Chocolate Cake Roll
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
5 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
powder sugar, to aid in rolling the cake
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Line a 18 x 13 inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, whip the eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed and gradually add the sugar and then the vanilla, about 1 minute. Continue to whip the mixture until very thick and voluminous, 4 to 8 minutes.
4. With the electric mixer still on, gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
5. Scrape the batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread it out in an even layer. Bake the cake until it feels firm and springs back when touched, 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Rotate the pan halfway through baking.
6. Remove the cake from the oven. Lay a clean dish towel (I found a tea towel works best) out on the counter and dust with powder sugar. Holding onto the parchment paper, carefully remove the cake from the hot pan.
7. Place the cake face side down on the dish towel. Gently peel the parchment paper off of the cake. Starting from the short end, roll the cake and dish towel snugly into a log. Let the cake cool completely. While the cake is cooling, make the mint chocolate ganache and mousse.
Mint Ganache and Mint Chocolate Mousse
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (12 oz.) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tsp. of peppermint extract
3 cups of heavy whipping cream
6. Place the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of heavy cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and stir until smooth and creamy.
7. Stir in 2 tsp. of peppermint extract into the chocolate ganache. Pour 1 cup of the ganache into another bowl. Cover both bowls of ganache with plastic wrap. Set one bowl of ganache aside and place the other bowl in the fridge to chill for the chocolate mousse.
8. Pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and the remaining 1 tsp. of peppermint extract into the chilled bowl of ganache. Whip until the mousse forms stiff peaks.
1. Unroll the cooled cake and remove the towel. Spread a layer of chocolate ganache over the cake. Spread a layer of chocolate mousse over the top of the ganache. Gently roll the cake up and place seam side down on a platter. Spread the remaining ganache over the cake. Add a little chocolate mousse on top of cake to top it off.
3. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy on top if so desired. Keep the cake chilled until ready to serve.
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy.
We love English toffee around here. My siblings love it so much that they often beg me to make it for them. My husband’s Grandma Swenson had an amazing recipe that I use. But sometimes, I just don’t want to spend the time to make it. So that is where this recipe comes into play.
Sparkling Holiday Punch is so refreshing with it’s vibrant flavor. It is easy to make and is always a huge hit at holiday parties!
These Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies are the very essence of Christmas! Your kitchen will be filled with the amazing smell of Christmas as you bake your tasty gingerbread men. The cream cheese frosting is the perfect addition to the already amazing cookies.
This Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookie recipe took me 5 batches to perfect it. They were either too dry and flavorless or flat crispy and loaded with flavor. I wanted a gingerbread cookie that was moist and fluffy and packed with flavor. Five batches later, I have just that cookie. My kids were in heaven with all the cookies I was making.
So here’s to these amazing gingerbread cookies that will help make your Christmas complete!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
1 cups of butter, softened
1 cup of dark brown sugar
½ cup of granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup of molasses
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 tbsp. of sour cream
4 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp. of baking soda
½ tsp. of salt
3 tsp. of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger
2 tsp. of ground cloves
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add the eggs and continue to mix until until light and fluffy.
- Mix the molasses, sour cream, and vanilla into the egg mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix just until the flour disappears.
- Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the dough from the fridge and on a silicone mat or a light flour surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with desired cookie cutter and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before placing the cookies on a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with cream cheese frosting. Enjoy.
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of butter, softened
2 cups of powder sugar
3 tbsp. of milk
1 tsp. of vanilla
- In a medum-sized bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese. Add the powder sugar and continue to mix until the frosting is lump free.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk. If the frosting is too thick add an addtional tablespoon of milk.
Here are a few other Christmas Cookies you should try.
Soft and Chewy Gingerbread Cookies are the best holiday treat! This recipe is easy and the cookies don’t spread and they stay soft for days. It’s a fun Christmas tradition to decorate them with the family.
Do you need an crowd pleasing cookie recipe this holiday season? Nothing screams Christmas like the heavenly combination of peppermint and chocolate. This recipe starts out with a super soft chocolate sugar cookie. Then you spread some silky smooth peppermint chocolate guanche. Next you pipe on some velvety chocolate mouse and you top it off with a sprinkling of crushed peppermint. These cookies will not disappoint! The only problem with these cookies is that they tend to bring out the selfish side in people because once you taste these babies, you will want to eat them all yourself!
Easy Flaky Gluten-Free Pie Crust is simply magical. You shouldn’t let gluten stop you from enjoying a rich flaky pie crust. This quick and easy recipe will renew your faith in gluten-free recipes!
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting are my new favorite cookie. These cookies are what pumpkin is all about! The super soft Pumpkin cookies is the perfect match for the silky smooth cream cheese frosting. Autumn just isn’t the same without these cookies!
Ham and Egg Salad Breakfast Sandwich is best way to start your day! This sandwich is loaded with hickory smoked ham, hard boiled eggs, and cheddar cheese. It’s the perfect sandwich for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
Simple Creamy Cheeseburger Soup is a soup that the whole family will love! It’s the classic all-American cheeseburger in soup form. This simple recipe is fool-proof and easy to follow so you will have more time to spend with your family outside of the kitchen.
Easy Homemade Rolls are soft and fluffy. The smell that will fill your home as these rolls bake is amazing. There is no reason to be intimidated by bread making because this recipe is as easy as they get.
Brown Butter Pumpkin Snickerdoodles will make your taste buds sing! These soft and chewy cookies are the best of snickerdoodles and pumpkin cookies wrapped into one.
Perfect Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies are so soft and chewy. The texture is unlike any other gluten-free sugar cookie recipe. These cookies are simple to make and the rich buttery flavor is astounding!
Peanut Butter Cookies are an all American classic and this recipe hits the nail right on the head. The peanut butter really shines in these soft and chewy cookies. This is a recipe you don’t want to miss.
Quick and Easy Homemade French Bread tastes better than any bakery bread. This recipe produces a soft and chewy bread that is the perfect addition to any meal.
Easy Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread with it’s moist and tender texture, buttery sweet flavor and slightly crisp edges, it’s no wonder we never have leftovers.