Easy Homemade Rolls are soft and fluffy. The smell that will fill your home as these rolls bake is amazing. There is no reason to be intimidated by bread making because this recipe is as easy as they get.
My mom is from Argentina. Every morning when she was growing up, a man with a cart would walk down the street by her house selling fresh baked bread. As you can imagine, my mom has a deep love for fresh bread. She passed that love on to me.
I love the smell of homemade bread. It brings back all kinds of childhood memories. When ever I make these Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls, my kids stay close to the kitchen. As soon as I pull the rolls out of the oven, they are right by my side with their puppy dog eyes begging for a hot roll.
Give these rolls a try. You will be so happy you did! They are the perfect addition to any meal.
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls
2 tbsp. dry yeast
2/3 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cup warm water
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup instant mashed potatoes (1/4 cup mashed potatoes flakes mixed with 1/2 cup of boiling water)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
6 to 7 cups of flour
- In a mixing bowl, add the warm water, yeast, and sugar and mix together until the yeast and sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the butter, potatoes, salt, eggs, and 3 cups of flour.
- Using a dough hook, gradually add the remaining flour one cup at a time and mix just until the flour disappears. Mix until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl and it is smooth and slightly tacky.
- Place the dough in the lightly greased mixing bowl. Spray two 12 inch strips of plastic wrap with baking spray. Place the plastic wrap directly over the top of the dough. Place the dough in a draft-free spot and allow to rise until double in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 24 golf ball size balls. Place the dough balls into two greased 9 x 13 pans. Cover the dough with the greased plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in bulk.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 20-22 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.