Blueberries, Kuchen Bars, Brunch Recipe
I am back with a yummy twist to the Cherry Kuchen Bars that I shared with you a few weeks ago. I am warning you, if you thought that the Cherry Kuchen Bars were dangerous, just wait until you try these Blueberry Kuchen Bars!
You can serve them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or anytime in between. Not only do they taste amazing, they are easy to make too!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
3/4 cup of butter, softened
1/4 cup of shortening
2 cups of granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
3 eggs, at room temp.
1 tsp. of vanilla
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 (21 oz.) can of blueberry pie filling
1 recipe of cream cheese glaze (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl and with an electric mixer; cream the softened butter, shortening, and sugar together. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- In a medium sized bowl; mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until the flour disappears.
- Reserve 2 cups of the dough. In an ungreased 15x10x1 baking pan, evenly spread the remaining dough. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and spread the blueberry pie filling over the crust in the pan. With a teaspoon, spoon the remaining dough into small mounds on top of the pie filling. Return the pan back to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the top is light golden brown.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes and drizzle top with cream cheese glaze. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Cream Cheese Glaze
2 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup of powder sugar
1/4 tsp. of vanilla
3 to 4 tsp. of milk
- In a medium bowl, cream the cream cheese. Add the powder sugar and mix well. Add the vanilla and enough milk to make glaze drizzling consistency (about 3 to 4 tsp.).
Here are a feew other recipes you might like.