If you like lemons, you need to try this recipe! If you like pancakes, berries, or food in general, you need to try this recipe!
A few years ago, my friend and neighbor Trista brought me a plate of these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Berry Syrup to try. After almost inhaling the contents on the plate, I had to ask her for the recipe.
These pancakes are incredible! The ricotta cheese in the pancakes gives them a creamy texture and the lemon gives the pancakes a light refreshing flavor. Top it with the berry syrup and you have perfection!
I can’t think of a better way to start the new year off than by making these pancakes for your family’s New Years Day breakfast! I hope you all enjoy the rest of this holiday season!
WIth love from my kitchen to yours,
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
makes about 8 pancakes
1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1/4 tsp. of salt
1 cup of ricotta cheese
2 egg whites
1/2 cup of lemon juice
2 tsp. of lemon zest
1 tbsp. of canola oil
1. MIx the dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. In another medium sized bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
2. Gently mix together the wet and dry ingredients until incorporated. Your pancakes will be dense if you over mix the batter.
3. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet over medium high heat. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the pancake batter into the heated skillet.
4. Cook the pancakes until the first side forms little bubbles in the batter. Flip it over to the other side and cook until golden brown. Drizzle the Berry Syrup over the top and serve immediately. Repeat this process with the remaining pancake batter.
*If the pancake is not a golden brown when you flip it, the heat needs to be turned up. If the skillet is not hot enough, it will produce gummy pancakes.
2 cups of frozen mixed berries
1 cup of granulated syrup
1 cup of water
1. Bring all three ingredients to a simmer over medium high heat until the berries are soft and the juice is thick, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and serve over lemon ricotta pancakes.
Here is another amazing pancake recipe you might want to try.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with Rasoberry Maple Syrup
This recipe is linked to The Creative Collections Group Link Party