Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting are the BESTt CUPCAKES EVER! They are soft, moist, and just flat out heavenly! The carrots and pineapple compliment each other perfectly! If you are a nut lover, you can add 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the cake batter.
The Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting takes these cupcakes to a whole new level with its creamy rich goodness! I promise, you will not be able to eat just one cupcake. When I make these cupcakes they are gone in seconds. They are my families favorite! You will not find a more mouth-watering mind-blowing carrot cake cupcake recipe!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
3/4 cup of canola oil
1/2 cup of applesauce
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of sour cream
2 1/2 cups of shredded carrots, 7 to 8 carrots
1 cup of crushed pineapple, drained
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 tbsp. of cinnamon
1/2 tsp. of allspice
1/4 tsp. of nutmeg
3 1/4 cup of flour
2 tsp. of baking soda
2 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of salt
yields about 36 cupcakes
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs, oil, sugars together in a large bowl. Mix in the vanilla, sour cream, pineapple, cinnamon, allspice, and carrots together.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder together. Mix the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture and stir just until the flour disappears.
- Line the muffin pans with cupcake liners and fill 2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting the cupcakes.
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Stir in the sugar. Whisk in the heavy cream and bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn down heat and continue to boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Allow to cool slightly
Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 cup of homemade caramel sauce
6 oz. of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup of butter, softened
4 cups of powder sugar
2 tbsp. of milk
1 tsp.of vanilla
1/2 tsp. of salt
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together. Add 1/2 cup of caramel and continue to cream. Add the powder sugar and mix until the frosting is smooth. Mix in the milk, vanilla, and salt. Frost cool cupcakes. Drizzle remaining caramel over the cupcakes.
Caramel Sauce recipe is adapted from Five Minute Butterscotch Sauce by Just a bit of Bacon
Here are a few other recipes you might enjoy.