This recipe is going to knock your socks off! Not only is it gluten-free and a healthy alternative to regular stir fry, but it is packed with flavor!
The Lemon Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce might be a mouthful to say, but once this sauce meets your taste buds, they will be doing the happy dance!
With love from my kitchen to yours,
Spaghetti Squash Stir Fry
makes about 6 to 8 servings
1 (4 to 5 lb) spaghetti squash
2 (16 oz.) pkg. of your favorite frozen stir fry vegetable mix
1 1/2 cups of chicken, cooked and sliced
2 tbsp. of canola oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Cut the spaghetti squash width wise into 2 inch rings. Scoop out the seeds in the center of the squash and throw the seeds away. Place the rings on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
2. While the squash is cooking, saute the vegetables in the canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook the vegetables until they are fork tender. Add the chicken to the vegetables and cook until it is heated through. Remove from heat. Gently toss the stir fry vegetables in the sweet and sour sauce.
3. Allow the squash to cool for 15 minutes then pull the peel away and separate the strands with a fork. Serve the spaghetti squash topped with the stir fry vegetables in the sweet and sour sauce.
Lemon Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce
1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
1 tsp. of sesame seeds
1 tbsp. sesame seed oil
1/2 cup of ketchup
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of water
1 tbsp. of lemon zest
2 tbsp.of soy sauce
1 cup of pineapple juice
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, saute the garlic. Add the ketchup, vinegar, sugar, water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame seed oil, and lemon zest to the sauce pan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved
2. Add the cornstarch to the pineapple juice and mix well. Add the pineapple juice to the saucepan and bring to a boil while continuing to stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
You have got to try my recipe for Spaghetti Squash with Gluten-Free Creamy Pesto Sauce.